Thursday, May 15, 2014

Self-portrait

The week before Open House, Avery's homework was to add hair to the self portrait she drew at school. I went to Target, who knew Target doesn't sell yarn? But as I drove to Michaels I talked to my sweet sister about my yarn dilemma. She said they would have yarn that matched her hair exactly. Turns out they did have every color under the sun and even some curly yarn. Avery insisted that the yarn be "golden".We got to view this on display at Open House. We were so proud of all the work we saw that Avery had done throughout the year. On her desk was a folder of her writing from the year, in chronological order. It was amazing to see the progress she has made with writing. I had to run off to night shift after open house so I was distracted and did not bring my phone to take the quintessential "kid with the teacher" picture. But I do have this picture from when Avery won an award for Achievement in writing in February. She loves loves loves her teacher Ms. Hodges.
Jon did take one picture from the art show in the cafeteria, entitled "Starry Beach Night", inspired by my fave, Vincent van Gogh. I LOVE the lifeguard stand and palm tree.


No comments: