Saturday, July 3, 2010

Blue Group

Last week we got word that Avery would be moving up to blue group at school. This came as a bit of a surprise as the rumor was that all the girls about to turn 3 weren't going to transition until September. But I think we were ready for a change. Although overall Avery liked red group, I was not too disappointed when I got the notice. The lead red group teacher and I were never quite on the same page and I think she didn't understand Avery or allow her to be the person that she is. Anyway, the week before turning 3 Avery was to spend 2 partial days in blue group/red group and then transition full time the next week to blue group. But her first transition day she said sayanora to red group and never looked back. Her new lead teacher, Teacher Edna, asked if she wanted to go back to red group for lunch, "no", for naptime, "no" and she ended up happily spending the whole day in her new room. That night when I picked her up she said "I don't want to go back to red group". When I asked her why she simply said that she is a big girl now and indeed she is. She has loved blue group ever since. Two of her teachers from when she was a little baby there also spend some time with blue group, which I think is really neat.

No comments: