Sunday, July 18, 2010

3rd Birthday at School

Avery spent her actual 3rd birthday at school with her friends. My sister had a favorite birthday favor her kids had gotten last year which was simply a banana or 2. I added to that a kid's music animal CD that I made last year and called it a favor.

I made the same chocolate cupcakes I make every year from the Joy of Cooking and made a strawberry frosting. I cut the tops off the cupcakes, cut out hearts which didn't look too much like hearts so I switched over to stars which looked a bit better. Avery had a great day. Her teacher made her a paper sparkly crown and she got to blow out candles which is always a special treat.
By the end of the day she had a runny nose which turned into a fever by Saturday morning. We had to postpone her Sunday birthday party for 6 weeks, due to our work/vacation schedule. We were still able to enjoy a relaxing weekend and she didn't mind so much that her party was canceled. Funny she didn't look sick blowing out the candles...



1 comment:

Amy said...

oh my goodness, Avery looks so much like her mother...absolutely beautiful. And, I just love her curly hair! The banana favor is awesome, will have to remember that one.