Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Meeting Mickey



Avery and I took a recent trip to Disneyland.  We made it to ToonTown for the first time and Avery loved looking through Mickey's house.  She insisted on meeting Mickey when I mentioned it.  Of course I didn't bring my camera for this first meeting.  But thank goodness for Disney's Photopass (i don't mean that at all).  It is so ridiculously expensive that I chose to take a picture of the picture.  It captures the moment well enough.   She was so excited beforehand but when the door opened and Mickey was actually standing there, she nearly broke down into tears.  But then Mickey encouraged me to shake his (i think it was a she actually) hand and then to squeeze his nose.  Avery then started to lighten up and then he played peekaboo with her and she was all smiles.  Avery continues to talk about going to Mickey's house and how he played peekaboo.  Then the people realized we had no camera and we went on our merry way.  Other than meeting Mickey our other favorite activity was It's a Small World.  So great.  We also shared a Bengal Barbeque lunch and made the trek over to California Adventures.  It was a magical day :).

No comments: