Saturday, February 12, 2011

Sledding in Sand


Have I already said how happy I was to get out of Venice and into the South Bay where we can enjoy family activities? At the Redondo Pier there is an area of sand built up in the winter months where kids can go sledding down a big sand hill. Jon bought us 3 sleds on amazon and we were able to get there on a sunny, chilly day for Avery to sled. Because of the sand the sleds don't just slide but require someone to pull the passenger along. Jon was Avery's pilot mostly but there were some tween girls who also enjoyed riding our awesome sled and pulled Avery down the hill repeatedly. These were among my first iPhone pictures so I did not know how to zoom yet, hence the distant view of the hill, sled, Avery, and Jon. I sat in a beach chair in the shade and fed the little guy while they had tons of fun.

No comments: