Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Potty Training

Much like her first crawl and first step, Avery's first peepee in the potty was while she was with Jon and I was at work.  I got frantic pages while I was rounding one weekend morning, I called back, "is this urgent, I am in the middle of rounds", jon "avery just went peepee in the potty, right avery?!", me in a stage whisper "wow avery that is so great, i am so proud of you, okay now i gotta go".  She was very slow to warm to her potty, often refusing to sit on it even with clothes, diaper on.  But we have had major breakthroughs in the past couple of weeks. I am sure seeing her friends go potty at school is helping and she is sort of at that age where readiness is likely. We are trying bribes.  It seems to be working.  Our bribe:  sour patch kids.  Like father, like daughter.  It goes something like, one for Avery, rest of snack pack from Costco for daddy.  We are waiting for the new year to start potty training at school.  I hope that will go well.  I have heard mixed results from various friends in their endeavors, but I think it's about time to really find out how it's going to be. 

2 comments:

GrandPa said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!! and a Happy New Year...go girl!!!!:)) Luall, NanaLin&GrandPa

lisa may terwilliger said...

Yay! Very exciting.