Thursday, December 24, 2009

Hot Chocolate




We were recently taking a run along the beach path and several times Avery would call out from the stroller, "I want some".  "What do you want, Avery? Your milk?" "I want some!"
"What do you want, Avery, your blanket taken off, are you too hot?"  "I want some!"  Whatever.
We kept running ignoring the pleas.  Eventually she forgot that she wanted something.  Then we passed 2 ladies walking with their morning coffees and again "I want some!!"  Only then did I figure out that every person enjoying their morning coffee appeared as someone enjoying hot chocolate.  Avery had her first cup of hot chocolate at Descanso Gardens and it clearly made a huge impression on her.  Once we understood what she was asking for we said we'd have some hot chocolate at home later. We had gotten some homemade hot chocolate mix from a friend for the holidays.  So it was perfect!!

That first fateful day she tasted the joy of hot chocolate