Sunday, November 8, 2009

Daddy The Seamstress

Growing up my dad was the one to use the sewing machine, repairing a tear or sewing on a button.  Last Chrismakkuh when we asked my dad for a sewing machine, he thought it was for me. Little did he know that Jon was the one who wanted the sewing machine to embark on a few projects.  One of which was creating a sunshade for our jogger since Avery hates to have the sun in her eyes.  He made it out of a metal frame that can be bent into shape, covered with fabric that matches our stroller and 4 straps that make it adjustable depending on the height of the sun in the sky.  



He has also sewn a pillowcase for Avery's new pillow.  His most recent project was making a too skinny but long blackout shade for Avery's window into a shade that is wider and long enough to keep the light out of her room.  Since daylight savings time she has woken up on the earlier side so we thought we'd try keeping her room a little darker.  It seems to have worked, sort of.  He really did a great job considering he has no idea what he is doing.  He is a regular seamstress which I am sure Avery will appreciate as much as I appreciated my dad's abilities.




3 comments:

a gracious plenty said...

i have a skirt that needs hemming and a pair of elliott's jeans that need repairing. i'll put them in the mail to you this afternoon.

The Sweetest Bean said...

I am SUPER impressed! I have a sewing machine that looks so nice that one of the days I hope to pull out and make something with! I feel very inspired by this!

lisa may terwilliger said...

Impressive!