Sunday, June 21, 2009

5 word sentence of truth



Last weekend Avery and Jon met our friends John and Maddie at the beach.  They had lots of fun and Jon was kind enough to send me phone pix to my work email so I could see pictures while I worked.  Avery has talked about Maddie and the water and John and the ocean every day since.  The other morning when I woke her up for school she was talking about the beach and told me a story I had never heard.  She said, "Maddie fall in the water."  I said, "Oh Maddie fell in the ocean?", and she said, "yes."  So I asked Jon if that was true and he said he had almost forgotten but indeed Maddie had fallen in the water and her daddy had rescued her.  That was the first 5 word sentence I ever noticed and it was a story we hadn't talked about over and over.  I am enjoying that she can tell us things about her days when we are away from her. 

No comments: