Friday, April 3, 2009

Florida

Avery is so happy to see her Auntie Daynie

So happy

Playing dress-up at GG's house

Lethargic on the floor at home hours after landing at LAX with a fever of 104

Avery and Jon left me last week to go visit Jon's family in Florida.  They were gone for 6 nights, the first of which was my first ever away from Avery.  I was sad to see them go but glad that they got to visit with Auntie Daynie, GG and Poppy.  It felt a little like a part of me was missing but it was also a little freeing.  I was able to go to yoga, out to dinner with friends and to the dogbeach with Quincy to meet friends (1 person friend and 1 dog friend). But I worked most every day so that kept me busy and distracted.  Never mind taking over Quincy duties that Jon usually tends to.  He's a lot of work!  We had to recruit plenty of people to help, including Oskar's parents, our old dogwalker and my work friends who let me come in late so I could wait for the sun to rise before walking him one morning.  Oh, and let's not talk about me taking over Great Work Perks ticket center, I don't know how Jon keeps up with all those orders! Avery had a good time with everyone but did pick up a nasty bug along the way.  She has had a fever (up to 104.3!) and cough since returning.  But I am sure if she could say, she would say that it was well worth it.  She has a new thing where she freaks out whenever a camera is even turned on, so getting good pix has become a bit of a nightmare.  We hope you feel better real soon, Daynie, we love you!

No comments: