Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Avery Meets Great Grandma Jenny

We dragged Daddy off his 'deathbed' to go spend some time with Great Grandma Jenny, GG's mom. She has recently moved from W Hartford to live near GG in a wonderful assisted living apartment. Avery and I got to see her a couple of times, but Jon only managed to get out of bed this day to go see her. He was sick from the night of Libby's party until the day we flew home 5 days later. I will say if he had to be sick, there was no better vacation location than his mom's house. She was a great nurse/mom to him, much better than I would have been if we were in, say, Hawaii. Despite the illnesses (which I somehow escaped, thank goodness), we had a great trip and it was so wonderful for Avery to meet all her great grandmothers. All of my great grandparents were deceased by the time I was born, so I just feel so blessed that she has 3 to enjoy.
I will also mention that flying with a 3 month old was much easier than an 8 month old, but she did well overall and she would try to get anyone and everyone to smile at her by offering up a smile of her own. Such a sweetie.

1 comment:

mom/grancy (grancie) said...

hi, raps,
thanks for the 4 generation picture of your family, jon. how nice to see a picture of your grandmother. i hope i get to meet her soon.
THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR COMING TO MOM'S BIRTHDAY BASH! everyone enjoyed meeting/seeing all 3 of you. i'm thrilled about getting the 4 generation pictures of my family, too.
with all my love, mom/grancy