Sunday, March 16, 2008

Grancy and Elliott, Libby and Lucia, Auntie K and Mazie.
We stayed down the hall from the triplets at the hotel in Newnan. I think that was smart because Avery did her fair share of crying/coughing in the new environment and the triplets finagled some in the bed sleeping as Lucia and Mazie rejected the Pack and Plays. But I must tell a story of my observation of my sister with her babies. Shortly after they arrived at the hotel and got all their stuff into the hotel room, I went to their room to see them and try to help if I could. I tried to feed Mazie, but she was upset and not interested (it was pretty late and all the babies were tired). I felt a little flustered as she fussed and then the other 2 started to cry and auntie K had all 3 of them lying on the bed and started singing a little song and they ALL stopped crying. It was amazing. I was so nervous when they were all crying but she's got it all figured out. I loved getting to spend whatever time we could get to see what great mom's K&H are both becoming.

1 comment:

a gracious plenty said...

you are sweet, but what the babies will tell you when they are older is that i tell them if they don't quiet down i will keep singing.