Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Construction

When I was on bedrest with Avery May/June 2007 the Pioneer Bakery across the street from our bedroom was torn down. Oh how I miss the afternoon smell of sourdough baking. I digress. I thought it was kind of funny at the time that I was stuck listening to all the noise.
Now that I am pregnant again, apparently "their" funding came through and a massive construction project has started. In all, it will include underground parking, retail shops and apartments. The construction workers like to start around 6 am, driving their trucks around: beep beep beep. I have no idea why the trucks have to back-up so often. I actually saw a truck driving forward down the street with the 'beep beep beep' going strong, so maybe it's not just for vehicles in reverse anymore. Anyway, they also turned the dirt lot right next to us into a parking lot for all the workers. Here are a few pictures. I won't say this is why we started looking more seriously at moving/buying a house, but it definitely was a factor for me.



No comments: