Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Frosted Orange

My dad was the first person in his family to graduate from college. He nearly failed out on one or two occasions but persevered and completed his education. He is a very proud and involved alumnus, supporting Georgia Tech athletics. Growing up we would watch, and sometimes when lucky get to attend, Tech basketball and football games. Right before Jon and I got married, Dad, Katie and I traveled to San Antonio to watch the Final Four. UConn, where Jon went to college, ended up beating Tech in the final game. I digress. In Atlanta, near the Tech campus, is The Varsity. When my dad was in college, he would go there with his buddies. They continue to have car hops, wonderful greasy food, and a delicious frozen treat called a Frosted Orange. We stopped there to get a Frosted Orange for each of the kids and I happily indulged as well. Oh, and go Jackets!!

No comments: