Monday, June 28, 2010

Ballet Love

For months and months Avery has been asking for ballet classes. Our dear friend's daughter Anna has taken local rec ballet classes and the teacher was so highly recommended by them. I was so excited that she could finally sign up, the classes finally start at age 3. We went to the shoe store to buy some ballet shoes and literally as soon as she put them on she started "dancing" around. At the first class she was so good, she got right into the mix and really participated so much more than I thought she would. She loved it and I couldn't wipe the smile off my face for the entire 45 minutes. In fact hours after the class when she was talking about it she said "you were smiling at me" and I said "yes I was, I was so proud of you". The pictures don't do it justice but it really was so much fun. There are 9 classes and parents are only allowed at the first and last class, so there won't be more ballet pix until the end of August. Teacher Angie was just great with the girls, she is very fun but also makes them mind her. Getting 10 3-4year olds into a straight line behind her requires great patience. I am sure they will have it all figured out in a week or 2.



6 comments:

The Sweetest Bean said...

Oh, my gosh, that top picture is too freakin' cute!

mom/grancy (grancie) said...

Dear ones,
She looks absolutely adorable! And happy as can be.
So glad she can finally be a ballerina.
Hugs and kisses to all of you.
Love, Grancy

a gracious plenty said...

oh my GAWD! is that not the cutest thing ever? i can't wait for her to give us a recital. love her.

Aubrey G. said...

Grace has the same ballet outfit! Avery looks adorable and so happy:)

Jen said...

I love it! Welcome to the world of dance Avery (Karen and Jon also!)

AMY said...

She is a natural! Wish I could see her perform, she is a doll!