Monday, July 27, 2009

Two Bikes, Daddy's Birthday and One Ugly Cake

For Daddy's birthday we got beach cruisers. I am historically not much of a bike rider, but I will say our recent cruises down to the beach and up to the SM pier have been really fun. Avery LOVES to ride the bike with daddy and she's pretty happy when I come riding up beside them too. Thanks Daddy for being born so we can go on bike rides together.

So about 6 months ago, Jon found a recipe for a key lime bundt cake that he wanted me to make for his birthday. It is by far the ugliest cake I have ever made (well, my sister and I have made a couple of heinous looking attempts at our GranHaysel's burnt caramel cake). But it was so very limey (Jon said next time it needs more lime) and delicious. And for sure I will crisco the heck out of my bundt pan, because a little butter did nothing to get that cake out whole. Mmmm, it was tasty though.

Avery helped Daddy blow out the candles.

Happy Birthday, we love you so much.

1 comment:

a gracious plenty said...

looks like a perfect birthday. we hope jon has a great year. love y'all.