Thursday, January 8, 2009

Books


So we have rearranged Avery's toys to occupy the bottom 9 boxes of an Ikea piece of furniture that used to house all kinds of non-kid stuff.  It has now been taken over by Avery's things.  She loves to pull ALL the books off.  As today is nearing it's end I was placing the books back on the shelf after looking at them skewed all over the floor all day long and Avery immediately came over and started pulling them off the shelf.  I playfully said, "Why, why do you pull all the books off the shelf?" and I heard her say (as only a mother could), "Because I love books".  An outsider probably would have heard something along the lines of "a foo la boox", but I laughed because it sounded so much like "because I love books".  Happy stories to you all.

PS I have a new macbook pro (yeah!!) and no longer have to share Jon's work computer so I hope to keep up with this blogging a bit better now :)

1 comment:

mom/grancy (grancie) said...

dear ones,

OF COURSE THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!! and even if it's not what she said, it's definitely what she meant. beacause she DOES love books - to read and to take them all off the shelves!

it's a great story, too!!

all my love to each of you, mom/grancy