Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Really, do I have to go?


"Yes, Mommy, we have to go." On Avery's 3 month birthday, I woke her up at 5:45 AM to join me in the car for the commute to work and her first day of daycare. She did great, I didn't see her cry at all. It was my second day of work, so I did better only crying when I left her, instead of 3 times in the first hour like my first day of work. Also, her daycare is across the street from the hospital. So I get to go over at lunch time to feed her and see her sweet face. Jon surprised me and was at the daycare when I came over to feed her. He came and spent 2 hours with her on her first day of daycare. Thank goodness for Daddy! He also picked her up early on Friday, her 2nd day of daycare. Clearly we are having a bit of trouble adjusting to real life post-maternity leave.

6 comments:

Carolyn said...

Karen and Jon,
Mom sent me this report. How lucky and special; what a memory!!! Avery is beautiful; at first I thought she was all Karen, but as she is getting older I see Jon in her, too. I just want to know, whose voice does she have??!!

Love to all,
Carolyn and Dennis

a gracious plenty said...

i am so glad that avery has adjusted to the new work schedule. parents will adjust too, i'm sure. you all have a smart and beautiful girl. i know you do miss her when she is playing at day care.

thanks for doing the blog. we love it.

love, katie and holly

GrandPa said...

ALL:
Thanks so much for your beautiful blog....of a beautiful girl and her beautiful parents....keep the pics and info coming..love to all.
Nana Linda and GrandPa Ray/Elliott

Mandy Sears said...

Karen and Jon,
What an absolutely gorgeous little girl you have! We love all the pictures and videos! I feel a little more caught up on your crazy life in the midst of my own! Thanks so much for the wonderful blog!

Love ya bunches!
Mandy and Jason
Drake, Drew, and Drennen

Amy said...

awww...this is a great way to be able to meet my neice since there are sooo many miles between us!!!

I love the blog...I've been through it several times and check it regularly for updates!!

Avery is awesome! Can't wait to see you all!!

love,
amy

Amy said...

oops...I mean NIECE...long day, can't spell...

love,
amy